Instagram is stormed with a huge variety of pictures every second. While some maintain an account to store their own memories, others want a strong following. A lot of interesting stuff is shared but every illustrator too is as active as celebrities and other users, and they use their amazing creative abilities to add more spice and fun to the images others upload.
Brazilian multimedia artist Lucas Levitan adds cartoons to people’s photos, turning them into hilarious situations and giving them new meaning.
Lucas writes on his website, In August 2013, whilst lunch break walking on Redchurch Street in East London, a brick fell from the 4th-floor scaffolding of a building site and missed me by millimeters. It made me think I should be doing more or what I love, drawing”.
“Photo Invasion is my Instagram project. I steal photos and add an illustrative touch”, he introduces his work of Instagram. He has named his lead animated character “Alencar”, who appears in random photos and totally conquers them.
He has also invented an app that helps you do such editing yourself. following are some photos that got a little twist from you.
1. Starting with his holiest creation
2. A tribute to the greatest character-sketcher himself
3. Giving Leo a tough time
SEE ALSO-What Kind of Mindset Do You Have
4. Baby girl will be proud of herself when she grows up
5. Perfect solution to end your loneliness
6. That’s how milking works
7. Finally, someone managed to move something here
8. Having tea like a pro
9. This woman will definitely kill him
10. This is what the Dalai Lama is busy with
11. The pool giant
12. Just to add a little more scent and color
13. The first day of summer
14. The gigantic ruler
15. Alencar having his favorite meal
12:48pm Alencar loves sausage and mash for lunch. You are watching The Average Life of Alencar – a Soap Opera brought to you by Photo Invasion Corporation Ink. Photo Invasion is my Instagram project. I steal photos and add an illustrative touch. Original photo by @jack__torrance To be invaded use ? #iwanttobeinvaded
16. Because he’s the king of the world and can do as he pleases
1:09pm After lunch Alencar takes a siesta. You are watching The Average Life of Alencar – a Soap Opera brought to you by Photo Invasion Corporation Ink. Photo Invasion is my Instagram project. I steal photos and add an illustrative touch. Original photo by @ipiripinapa one of my favourites gallery. To be invaded use ? #iwanttobeinvaded
17. Quite a “hot” soup it is
18. Adding flavors to beach moments
19. because she had been standing idle for so long
20. The coolest architect
21. Granny watering the gardens of war and peace
22. A great message for his nephew
Francisco, they will try to tight you up. They will try to convince you to follow their rules. They will try to take away your freedom. Keep fighting and smiling. Lots of love from your Uncle, Lucas. Illustration by @lucaslevitan , Chico’s uncle on original photo by @eneidaserrano , Chico’s grandma. To be invaded use ? #iwanttobeinvaded
23. Making her wedding photo shoot all the more special
24. The favorite mount
25. At the barber’s
The best thing about his work is that they are not meaningless photos but are made thoughtfully to talk for a sociopolitical cause. His amazing ideas combined with his perfect choice of photos and color selection makes his work exceptional.